NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Part-Time Technical Project Manager
for a cutting-edge financial services company in San Jose, CA
! This role can be remote!
Who you are:
You are an organized, detail-oriented Project Manager with extensive experience in infrastructure. Your self-motivation and drive makes you an effective worker, even when working remotely. You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills which allow you to produce flawless documentation and professionally interact with individuals at all levels of the organization. Your years of experience as a project manager have provided you with a solid understanding of leadership and team dynamics, as well as the ability to diffuse tense situations and provide guidance when needed. You are comfortable taking on a part-time role that would require 20 hours of work per week.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building technology and security program and project portfolio, identifying current state of projects and additional details, including owners, current status, resource requirements, level of effort, and duration
- Working closely with leadership team and project owners to identify project dependencies, risks, and issues to help with prioritization, planning, and resourcing
- Onboarding the technology and security team to Jira and Confluence, including:
- High-level overview to the Atlassian toolset
- Introduction to agile project management practices
- Setting up daily and weekly scrum and sprint planning meetings
- Assisting the team in developing JIRA workflow and corresponding confluence project pages for both Kanban and Agile delivery
- Working with technology and security leadership to develop milestone-level project plans for key projects, once identified
- Transitioning project management to a project owner within the technology team and defining expected responsibilities of project managers/owners
- Providing a template for status reporting and driving the cultural change and training necessary to encourage the production of weekly reports based on the template and new processes
- Working closely with PMO team to assess enterprise-wide capacity requirements, cross-functional project dependencies, and prioritization
What you’ll bring with you:
- Producing the following deliverables:
- Comprehensive portfolio view of all technology and security projects, including sponsor, owner, status, and link to respective JIRA board and Confluence page
- Status reports for top 5 projects within the technology and security organization, outlining key risks, issues and dependencies, especially related to resource capacity or skillsets
- Onboard technology team of ~20 members to Atlassian suite
Who is Taos?
- Experience in both application/system integration, as well as infrastructure-related projects
- Ability to switch between agile and waterfall project management, as appropriate
- A solid comprehension of strategic application of projects/prioritization
- Experience with vendor strategy as it applies to portfolio risk/strategy
- Excellent process, documentation, and presentation skills to executives in both the business and technology organizations
- Strong understanding of team dynamics and leadership
- Ability to navigate troubled situations and provide guidance on direction
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.