THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Sr. Network Engineer
to work with a cutting-edge tech company in San Martin, CA
Who you are:
You are a solid, experienced Network Engineer with skills across the networking landscape. Your years of experience allow you to act as a leader and interface with management to recommend upgrades and equipment. You are comfortable mentoring and teaching other members of your team to share your in-depth networking knowledge. You possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills. You are an excellent communicator with great written and verbal abilities. You would thrive in a small, fast-paced company working on a small team and reporting directly to executive leadership.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Upgrading, managing, and monitoring the client’s network as well as the client’s customer networks when applicable
- Coordinating and executing network technologies in support of business and growth demands, ensuring network diversity and survivability
- Producing documentation detailing changes to the network and execution plan
- Executing upgrades and migrations
- Performing analysis and diagnostics with regard to network issues
- Advising management of needed network assets and upgrades
- Helping to define and document operational methods and procedures for the Network Operations and Technical Support Teams
- Documenting changes in location, status, and configurations of assets and resources
- Supporting equipment delivery processes and equipment configuration as required
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring to members of the client’s staff
Who is Taos?
- Experience with TCP/IP, VLANs, Cisco IOS and the operation of Cisco routing equipment
- Working knowledge of Unix and Linux
- Experience in the configuration, deployment, and management of network operational support software
- Strong experience with BGP, OSPF Routing protocols
- Knowledge of Fiber, GPON, SONET, ATM, VoIP and related technologies a plus
- Technical competence in:
- Network design and management, including monitoring, capacity, performance, and service level reporting
- Solid understanding and practical use of TCP/IP and related Internet protocols, IPv6 experience is a plus
- Network monitoring tools and techniques, switches, routers, firewalls, and IP addressing
- Experience working on Cisco router/switch/firewall platforms
- Experience working with Microtik hardware is a plus
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.