THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Sr. AWS Cloud Engineer
for a cutting-edge tech company in Sunnyvale, CA
Who you are:
You are a Senior Engineer with in-depth AWS knowledge and experience. You enjoy working on a high-intensity, fast-paced team but can be a strong individual contributor as well. You use your strong written and verbal communication skills to help your team achieve its operational goals. Your ideal job is challenging and demanding, but at the same time rewarding. You would thrive in a large enterprise environment where some of the world’s most innovative products and experiences are developed.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Interfacing and working in conjunction with the Cloud Architecture and Information Security teams
- Setting up deployment (blue/green or canary) for apps in ECS
- Securing access pattern implementations for:
- Containers to read/write from/to S3
- ECS to ECR
- ELB/ALB to clusters
- Clusters to Cassandra DB
- ECS to Blobstore in DC
- HTTPS calls from ECS to Applications in DC
- Re-stacking every 30 days, and on-demand during implementation
- Assisting with KMS, key rotation, and encryption
- Reviewing IAM security model, identifying gaps and issues, implementing changes
- Instrumenting AWS implementations with CloudWatch and creating/integrating monitoring with Pagerduty for alerts
- Instrumenting CloudTrail for all active regions for audit, compliance, security and monitoring purpose, setting up alerts for violations
Who is Taos?
- Senior-level experience and knowledge of AWS, including:
- Networking: VPC, DirectConnect, route tables, security groups
- Compute: EC2 + Autoscaling + ALBs + Route 53 (service discovery)
- Containers: ECS (Elastic Container Service) + ECR
- Security: IAM, KMS
- Storage: S3
- Familiarity with Solr, Cassandra / DynamoDB
- Experience using Terraform for IaC, Chef/Ansible/Puppet for configuration management
- Previous projects that involved:
- Repeatable patterns and setup without code change in multiple regions and environments
- Defined work item implementations agnostic of the region
- Security implementation based on a Default DENY principle
- Autoscaling for all applicable layers
- Stress, performance tests on the system and resolution
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.