NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Senior Linux and Networking Triage Engineer
to work with a cutting-edge tech company in San Jose, CA
! This role can be remote!
Who you are:
You are a seasoned Engineer with expertise in Linux Systems, virtual environments, and networking. Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills would allow you to fill a role where you will be both performing hands-on engineering and mentoring junior team members. You possess strong problem-solving skills that make you an excellent debugger with creative strategies. You are eager to bring your skills and experience to a key role where you will be building global infrastructure and supporting the rapid growth of an organization.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Performing triage on post-implementation issues spanning Linux and Networking
- Designing and developing automation that eliminates manual tasks involved with large-scale systems configuration and deployment including testing and analyzing performance, reliability, and scalability
- Working closely with Development, Test, Documentation, and Product Management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment
- Supporting the engineering organization in troubleshooting issues with the infrastructure (server hardware, networking) and software applications
- Coordinating closely with the Engineering team on hardware deployment, service upgrades, and outages (planned and unplanned)
- Mentoring emerging technical talent and serving as a technical guide
- Performing IPMI (out of band management) and debugging SW vs HW issues
Who is Taos?
- Expertise in Linux Systems (Redhat/CentOS and Ubuntu), Server Administration, and TCP/IP Networking
- Extensive knowledge of DNS/DHCP: Enterprise IPAM (Infoblox), Debugging DNS and DHCP issues
- Previous work with virtualization technologies such as AHV, VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix
- Strength in Python scripting, REST APIs, Google Sheet Parsing (scripted)
- Familiarity with Cisco, Arista CLI
- Extensive experience with Layer 2/Layer 3, Simple routing, Spanning Tree, MLAG, LACP
- Experience with interface types, 1/10/100Gb, Cu and optical
- Ansible, Salt Stack, Chef, or Puppet skills preferred
- Knowledge of GitHub/Source Code control systems
- Windows Systems, SDN, and BigSwitch knowledge a plus
- Experience deploying and maintaining Nutanix AHV a plus
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.