NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer
to join our Professional Services organization! The preferred location of this role is Los Angeles, CA
but other locations will be considered.
Who you are:
You are a solid, experienced DevOps Engineer with strength in Windows Systems, Chef, Terraform, and PowerShell scripting. You have extensive experience interfacing with clients and are comfortable filling a customer-facing role. Your stellar communication and interpersonal skills allow you to clearly convey technical issues and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences. You have a passion for creating impeccable documentation and are comfortable filling a role that requires you to train and pass along your knowledge to others.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Provisioning Windows servers (2016) on VMWare using Terraform
- Working on the base infrastructure and application server role recipes
- Ensuring that configuration management is working on target systems
- Helping to drive design conversations with customers by producing well-documented designs and managing the overall design and implementation work
- Performing knowledge transfer to client team through both “on the job” training and creating usable documentation as a leave-behind
Who is Taos?
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong experience designing and deploying VMs to Azure and traditional infrastructure environments
- Familiarity with Windows servers
- Expertise in Chef and Terraform
- Stellar PowerShell scripting skills
- In-depth knowledge of public cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
- Solid documentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to pass a FINRA background check
- If located outside of the Los Angeles area – willingness and ability to travel to LA as required and work Pacific Time Zone business hours
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.