THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Network Engineer to work with our clients in Southern California! Preferred location for this role is Los Angeles or San Diego, CA!
Who you are:
You are a talented and passionate Network Engineer seeking your next challenge. You possess excellent analytical skills that allow you to troubleshoot almost anything. You are known as a self-starter and quick learner, able to enter a new situation and hit the ground running. You thrive in an environment without handholding and micromanagement where you can motivate yourself to drive to success. You are comfortable with a variety of technologies from a range of vendors.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Operating network involving IP backbone, data centers, and edge pops involving layer 3 protocols such as BGP, MPLS, and ECMP from heterogeneous vendors
- Monitoring, evaluating, and resolving network incidents to maintain website reliability and offer seamless experience to application owners
- Monitoring and responding to network incidents, triaging and resolving the problem
- Investigating and remediating network capacity related issues
- Leading cross-discipline projects involving different technologies and teams, influencing the technical direction with respect to infrastructure
- Automating network operations
- Participating in team on-call rotations
- Reviewing and configuring ACL filters on Cisco ASA and Juniper platforms
- Configuring and updating VIP configurations on load balancers
- Troubleshooting LAN/WAN circuits
- Creating and updating network documentation and network schematics
- Interfacing with cross-discipline support teams (Systems, Database, Storage, Application operations) to provide seamless network operations
- Conducting network studies and performance analysis and recommending changes
- Working with vendors to rectify faulty hardware and software
Who is Taos?
- Prior experience interfacing with and/or working in data centers, working with L1 data center infrastructure such as optics and cables
- Hands-on work with protocols including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, and ISIS
- Solid knowledge of general LAN technologies (CDP, VRRP, 802.1q, 802.1d, LLDP, port-security, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with network devices, routing issues, and data center issues in a real-time 24/7 environment
- Familiarity with in IPv6
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Experience with platforms including Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, A10 network load balancers, Cisco ASA firewall, and Juniper MX routers
- Previous experience as a network engineer for a content or network provider
- Knowledge of network and security best practices
- Experience with custom and common infrastructure management tools
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.