NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Cloud Support/DevOps Engineer III
to join our Managed Services team based out of Boise, ID
! This role can be remote!
Who you are:
You are a driven technologist with a passion for cloud, DevOps and customer support. You possess both exceptional customer service skills and excellent technical skills. You are excited to learn new technologies and help customers succeed. The opportunity to work on a team with exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed associates and leadership is ideal for you. You have a DevOps mindset, and can act as a Cloud Computing evangelist in the leading edge of this growing industry.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Actively engaging with customers and other Taos support teams as a DevOps/Cloud subject matter expert and escalation point
- Assisting in the transformation of architecture and technologies, driving adoption of leading edge cloud services
- Leading modernization and optimization efforts to improve reliability and scalability of systems and platforms
- Assisting the customer with management and improvement with CI/CD pipeline and configuration management tooling and approaches
- Driving efficiency and reducing error rates with scripting and automation
- Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Taos customers
- Working with other customer support teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
- Acting as an advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Assisting with customer communication during critical launches and support events
- Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features
- Ensuring internal knowledge reference pages are updated
Who is Taos?
- Minimum of 5 years working directly with, or in support of Cloud technologies (Google Cloud, Azure, AWS)
- Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps principles, hands-on experience preferred
- Experience with containerization and/or microservices architecture (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Practical experience migrating applications, services and/or servers from on-premises/data centers to the cloud
- Experience with configuration management and automation (Terraform, DSC, Ansible, etc.)
- Multiple platform certifications, or equivalent experience (Windows, Linux, etc).
- One or more Architect level cloud certifications (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS).
- Demonstrated analytical/troubleshooting skills and drive to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Ability to work weekends and/or evenings
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer discussions and articulate the alignment of technology and business objectives
- Proven success in a fast-paced support environment
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.