THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Cloud Security Support Engineer
to work with a cutting-edge tech company in Oakland, CA
Who you are:
You are a customer-focused support engineer specialized in Cloud Security on AWS. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills allow you to professionally interact with customers, coworkers, and leadership. You work well independently without supervision and can also be a collaborative team member when needed. Your ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment contributes to your self-starter mentality. You are excited about technology and can be relied upon to deliver quality work.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Managing day-to-day security operational tasks such as security event monitoring and security incident management, compliance monitoring, data loss prevention, and monitoring and responding to emerging threats as it relates to AWS
- Consulting with Applications teams on secure applications development, performing security reviews on third-party applications as it relates to AWS
- Acting as primary support contact for security incidents and providing direction to Infrastructure and Applications teams to initiate incident response
- Liaising with internal teams and external parties to address security concerns
- Performing ongoing vulnerability assessments including vulnerability scanning and vulnerability exploit testing (penetration testing) with clear reporting, threat identification, and action plans for remediation with prioritization
- Including any assessments for changes that the Security team has identified as requiring a vulnerability assessment prior to release
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the client’s enterprise architecture, server and network hardware, network design, software development environment, and external vendors
- Evaluating new technologies to further mitigate risk, presenting findings and recommendations to management
- Supporting IT leadership in obtaining quality data from the appropriate sources to publish security metrics on an ongoing basis
- Collaborating with other groups, presenting technical ideas, and influencing outcomes
- Performing special projects as assigned
Who is Taos?
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college/university or equivalent technical certification is desirable
- At least 3 years of experience in technical positions
- Cloud hosting experience (AWS)
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config, etc), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM)
- Web security and compliance experience (e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Strongly Preferred)
- Expertise with iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig, packet capture tools
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Identity and Access concepts and technologies to secure production and corporate access, such as: SSO, SAML Federated Identity, RBAC, authentication and authorization solution etc.
- Logging, monitoring and response concepts and technologies for cloud networks, corporate networks and hosts in all environments
- One or more security-related certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, SECURITY+, OSCP, etc.
- Experience with broad array of security technologies, such as NGFW, WAF, SIEM, endpoint security and more
- Experience working with Hardware Security Models
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.