THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring an AWS Cloud Solution Architect
to work with a cutting-edge company in San Francisco, CA
Who you are:
You are an experienced Cloud Architect with the depth of knowledge needed to serve as leader and subject matter expert in cloud, data analytics, and DevOps technology. You use your highly developed communication skills to achieve stated business outcomes. Your breadth of experience allows you to effectively execute on strategic technology initiatives. You are a forward thinker with the foresight to hold and contribute to strategic planning forums and customer strategic planning initiatives. You are comfortable communicating at tradeshows and customer forums to deliver messaging and drive strategic thought.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Overseeing customer engagement, solution delivery, and thought leadership for enterprise-level programs and multiple projects within the Enterprise Solutions portfolio
- Leading architecture team to develop and deliver strategic, value-driven, and solution architectures
- Delivering solution architectures to execution teams, communicating their value and ensuring implementation viability and success
- Chairing and contributing to Architecture board to ensure solutions are built in line with architecture and architectures are aligned to business and mission outcomes
- Working with stakeholders to drive strategy, facilitate collaboration, and deliver strategic planning artifacts to feed the strategic planning process
- Collaborating with customer and commercial partners to align strategy to marketplace strategy
- Building and maintaining technology roadmaps to ensure due diligence and a realistic implementation path
- Driving experiments to evaluate new technologies and methodologies to accelerate project delivery
- Developing solutions for AWS cloud service standup, burn-in, and sustainment activities
- Working closely with the engineering teams to implement solutions to cloud and data services requirements
- Assisting in triage of other projects/programs and making technical recommendations to senior-level leadership
- Communicating strategy and technology with senior stakeholders, leadership, and executives
- Ensuring regular, effective communication happens with team members and cross-functional resources
- Building collaborative forums to seek forward-thinking solutions and drive positive change
Who is Taos?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or other technical field (or commensurate relevant experience)
- At least 10 years of applicable experience in a technology environment
- AWS Solutions Architect – Associate or higher certification
- Familiarity with cloud-based Data Architectures, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, and Data Migrations, experience in Data Warehousing/Big Data
- Specific hands-on experience with AWS Cloud architecture
- Significant demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, and DevOps
- Previous roles as Team Lead and/or Technical Lead
- Proficiency with a wide range of technology tools, including communications software (social media, email, VTC), standard Office tools, and project management tools
- Knowledge of Java, Python, SQL, NoSql, Hadoop
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.