THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Business Development Specialist
to join our corporate team in San Jose, CA
Who you are:
You are an eager, motivated professional with previous roles in sales or business development. Your experience has made you comfortable with generating new business leads and identifying potential opportunities through daily calling activities. You possess solid interpersonal abilities and understand the importance of maintaining relationships with key contacts and decision makers. Your ability to follow through allows you to independently execute both tactical and strategic initiatives. You are an excellent communicator with strong verbal skills to cold call and speak with high-level executives as well as strong written skills to produce documentation and newsletters. You would thrive in a role that requires you to work quickly and efficiently under minimal supervision.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Owning, maintaining, and modernizing a proprietary database, updating its details via Discover.org and other sources
- Generating leads and identifying potential opportunities for Taos through daily calling activities into the database and other lead sources, focusing on cold-calling and positioning the Taos portfolio
- Overseeing guest invitations to exclusive Taos events, collaborating with Sales, Marketing, and Line of Business leaders
- Owning and developing a monthly newsletter, distributing through layers of internal management, and keeping key contacts up to date on the latest happenings at Taos
- Assisting Taos Business Development Executives (BDEs) with bringing in new business as Taos continues to grow in the IT Services marketplace
- Providing excellent communication on a regular basis with BDEs and executives
- Representing Taos in a highly professional and courteous manner
- Using daily calls, personal contacts, and social media outreach to promote Taos services and produce qualified leads
- Developing an in-depth understanding of Taos service and solution offerings to ensure your ability to answer technical and non-technical questions that prospects may have
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings for prospects and BDEs
- Following up on prospective leads
- Gathering market insight through calling efforts by determining patterns and market trends
- Adding and updating contact and company information in the database
- Documenting all activity for each contact and touchpoint
- Performing other duties as assigned
Who is Taos?
- Previous sales experience working from a target list (Inside Sales experience is a plus)
- Aptitude to learn and understand the IT service/consulting business
- Time management skills to efficiently develop relationship across a variety of channels
- Ability to prospect, qualify, and build a working pipeline of accounts
- Comfortable having “BANT” qualifying discussions around current technologies, projects, and initiatives
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, great phone presence
- Motivation to perform a repetitive task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment
- Comfortable cold calling prospects
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce.com and MS Excel
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.