THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is immediately hiring a Senior AWS Cloud Architect
for a cutting-edge financial company in San Francisco, CA
Who you are:
You are an experienced and passionate Cloud Architect. You have excellent business acumen and a strategic perspective that allows you to discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future. Your stellar communication abilities mean that you can lead technical discussions between internal teams and external strategic partners, and communicate concepts clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles. You are a shrewd negotiator, able to bargain skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups by being both direct and diplomatic. Your interpersonal talents lead you to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all, act as a team player, and encourage collaboration. You are eager to bring your skills to a team of exceptional people providing exceptional service in a business formal environment.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Serving as primary liaison to internal groups, business and IS, for the technology architecture aspects of each project
- Creating and maintaining reference architectures, target architectures, roadmaps, and reference implementations.
- Maintaining the repository of system interactions in diagram and narrative form through partnership with business and technical departments
- Analyzing Business requirements to understand the business needs and to determine how the system can best be architected to fulfill those needs
- Recognizing and addressing cross-functional issues within Target State applications as well as partner systems
- Participating in both High-Level and Low-Level Technical Design sessions and reviews, developing design patterns and guiding development team in implementing best practices
- Participating with management team on strategy, process improvements, and resource forecasting
- Developing and maintaining architecture diagrams and requirements that fully capture the overall systems landscape
- Developing and keeping current on the technology underlying Wingspan middleware service and its deployment within the enterprise
- Ensuring adherence to Enterprise Architecture and Technology Strategy standards and practices by serving as an advocate
- Keeping abreast of current business and industry best practices and providing feasibility studies/ cost proposals for new investments/ opportunities for innovation
- Keeping abreast of regulatory, legal, and industry best practices to assist the business in identifying and adapting potentially impacted processes
- Demonstrating ownership through input and decision-making for customer experiences, the success of our front line and operational partners, and shareholder value
- Responsibilities include the following:
- Adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.)
- Adhering to Bank policies and procedures
- Completing required training
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer
Let’s talk about us:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of information systems experience required, with a preference 5+ years of enterprise, full-cycle in Architecture
- Banking experience preferred
- Professional Solution/Developer Architect certification—AWS preferred
- Expertise in design concepts and architecture with widely-used and accepted principles (such as TOGAF)
- Knowledge of and experience with public cloud providers Amazon Web Services architecture, tools and cloud methodologies
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) on public cloud
- Technical or development experience in cloud environments, data migrations or data management projects
- Experience architecting containers and container platforms, API (Application Programming Interface) micro services
- Experience architecting with DevOps tools and process
- Knowledge and experience with Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of several modern programming languages
- Experience with several database technologies including SQL and noSQL platforms
- Working experience with modernization of applications
- Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives
- Understanding of business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options
- Skills in identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business
- Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable bank
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.