THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is immediately hiring a Splunk Engineer
for a cutting-edge tech company in San Jose, CA!
Who you are:
You will have a passion for cyber-security. You love teamwork and working with multiple teams in various areas of the company. You enjoy creating and implementing tools to keep the bad guys out. You enjoy technology and are curious about lots of data and what he can tell you. You also enjoy sharing security information and acting as a liaison supporting business units.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Building correlation searches in Splunk to identify indicators of compromise
- Performing management, configuration, testing and integration tasks related to Splunk Enterprise content creation
- Researching, analyzing and understanding log sources for monitoring firewalls, applications, operating systems and network
- Defining processes for data ingestion, standardization, management and transformation
- Building and deploying automation for monitoring infrastructure, applications and network
Let’s talk about us:
- Strong experience with Splunk CIM4 0+
- Excellent communication to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and departments
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems administration
- Knowledge of security trends and best practices
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Good understanding of enterprise logging with a focus on security event logging
- Experience in an incident response role and/or threat hunting role
- Splunk Power User or Architect Certification
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.