THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is immediately hiring a Cloud Engineer
for a cutting-edge tech company in San Francisco, CA
Who you are:
You are an experienced and passionate cloud technologist. The prospect of working on a small team on a focused cloud migration project is exciting for you. You are a process oriented person and you like to bring order to chaos. You think strategically and tactically, and you thrive in a business formal environment.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Supporting a cloud migration to AWS
- Designing Cloud Formation and Terraform documents to map the architecture and VPC of the environment
- Documenting processes and procedures surrounding cloud operations
- Crafting a detailed list of application stack and scope, CI/CD, and ALM processes including external systems used to deliver data to or from the cloud
- Detailing all Backup, HA, DR, and snapshot approaches followed
- Recording all monitoring metrics, thresholds, and alerting services in place to ensure these can be handed off to a Managed Services run team when completed
- Building out AWS VPCs
- Setting up IAM / Security
- Creating base AMI images
- Automating environment creation
- Building the POC environments
- Setting up monitoring
- Performing ongoing break/fix support for cloud applications
Let’s talk about us:
- Demonstrated experience with AWS migrations
- Excellent Python and Ansible skills
- Hands-on experience in a Linux-focused environment
- Previous work in regulated environments (e.g. financial, medical, or government verticals)
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.