THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is immediately hiring a Security Analyst – SOC L1
for a cutting-edge tech company in San Jose, CA
Who you are:
You are a passionate Security professional with knowledge of security tools and concepts. You can work collaboratively with your team to creatively solve complex security problems in a heterogenous environment. You are well organized, able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude. You are eager to bring your strong communication and interpersonal skills to an organization focused on building the best security response team in the industry.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems
- Responding to escalated notable events from security tooling to develop/execute security controls, Defense/countermeasures to prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems
- Researching attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures
- Maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption
- Providing information and updates to shift leads, creating pass-downs for next shift, working closely with supporting teams
- Performing HR investigations and legal holds in a forensically sound manner, consulting with HR and legal subject matter experts to adhere to local country law
- Providing coverage in a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center
Let’s talk about us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or digital forensics
- At least 1 year of specialized experience in 1 or more of the following areas:
- Vulnerability Assessment and Pen Testing
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection
- Access Control and Authorization
- Policy Enforcement
- Application Security
- Protocol Analysis
- Firewall Management
- Incident Response
- Advanced Threat Protection
- Email Security
- Digital Forensics
- Monitoring and Detection
- Cyber Intelligence Analysis
- At least 1 of the following certifications:
- SANS GIAC: GCED, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GSNA, GPPA, GAWN, GWEB, GNFA, GREM, GXPN, GMON, GCIH
- ISC2: CCFP, CCSP, CISSP
- Cisco: CCNA, CCNP
- CERT: CSIH
- EC Council: CEH, ENSA, CNDA, ECSS, ECSP, ECES, CHFI, LPT, ECSA, or ECIH
- Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE
- EnCase: EnCE
- Proficiency in:
- Incident Response – Getting people to do the right thing in the middle of an investigation
- Offensive Techniques – Penetration testing, IOCs, and exploits at all layers of the stack
- Logs – SEIM experience, ability to gather and analyze logs to recreate incidents and hunt for threats
- System Forensics – Basic understanding of image acquisition techniques, memory forensics, and the like
- Networking Fundamentals – TCP/IP Protocols (HTTP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, ARP, etc.), and Wireshark/TCPDump
- Scripting – Should be familiar in scripting in at least one of the following: python, perl, or a similar language
- Risk Analysis – Taking a vulnerability in a particular environment and understanding the practical associated risk
- Experience working with various security methodologies and processes, advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, extensive experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
- Willingness to take on shift work, weekends, and holidays – schedule consists of a rotating shift consisting of four (4) 10 hour shifts with four days on, three (3) days off and possible rotations across Day, Swing, and Graveyard shifts as needed
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.