THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is immediately hiring a SQL Database Administrator
for a cutting-edge tech company in San Francisco, CA!
Who you are:
You are an experienced SQL Database Administrator with solid knowledge of AWS. You are passionate about helping customers succeed, making databases more performant and reliable, and automating as much as possible. Your outstanding time management skills allow you to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment. You take pride in a job well done, taking leadership of issues to drive them to closure and thoroughly completing all tasks. Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills make you an ideal candidate to join a diverse, dynamic team.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Assisting the Sr. Architect in gathering data and researching migration scenarios
- Building database environments and managing data migration activities
- Developing, implementing, and periodically testing a backup and recovery plan for the databases
- Setting up user accounts to control logins to the database, setting permissions on various parts of the database, along with auditing and tracking activity within the database
- Monitoring the database server on a regular basis to identify bottlenecks and remedy them
- Working with the Cloud Engineering team that will service initiatives as it relates to their cloud migration strategy and execution
Let’s talk about us:
- Senior professional-level expertise within data migration, SQL Server and Postgres
- Strength in SOP and documentation relative to cloud/AWS
- Ability to collaborate with team members and communicate pros and cons of databases relative to an AWS migration
- Working experience guiding technical direction through the definition and implementation of standards, technical roadmaps, processes and control documents
- Hands-on working knowledge of Aurora RDS and Redshift
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.