THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is immediately hiring a Senior Windows Engineer
to support a highly secure entertainment company in Culver City, CA
Who you are:
You are a hands-on Systems Engineer with a very broad skill set including an emphasis on automation and creating scripts. You have worked in many environments with many different technologies and have successfully completed several projects with hands-on implementations. You are excited to work with a team of Systems Engineers. You have a “can-do” mindset, your ideal role would allow you to be surrounded by problem solvers and other like-minded teammates.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Providing systems administration, advanced server support, management, and server-side configurations
- Overseeing multiple server environments by providing maintenance, performance improvement, upgrading, and retirement
- Administering common Windows and related services
- Overseeing patching using Kace, Certificate management, etc.
- Managing compliance, security policy settings, and other duties or tasks as assigned by the IT Director and executive leadership
- Handling escalations from the L2 and on-site teams
- Providing RCAs
- Working with the Compliance and Change Control board
Let’s talk about us:
- 7+ years of relevant professional system engineering experience including designing and building environments in the following areas :
- Windows servers
- Windows server clustering
- ESXi hosts
- Strong knowledge and prior support, implementation, and deployment of server automation tools including Microsoft’s DSC
- Powershell (using common commands) and scriptwriting (PowerShell, Bash, VS, etc.) skills
- Extensive knowledge of highly available enterprise IT infrastructure and associated systems, including Windows server and infrastructure services (i.e. Cluster, CIFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, MAPI, NFS, DSC, PowerShell Script, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced server and network issues, determine root cause, and resolve
- Strong understanding of common network topologies and protocols
- AWS, Azure, and Linux experience are a bonus
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.