THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is currently seeking an Operations Center Administrator
to join our Service Center operations in Boise, Idaho
Who you are:
You are a versatile technologist with a knack for customer service. You thrive in a team environment and love to solve problems. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have no problem helping to document issues. You are eager to lead and support a team to achieve operational success for an organization voted one of the top ten places to work in Idaho.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Providing responsive and high-quality technical support in the 24x7 Network Operations Center
- Providing the first line of support for internal customer calls, e-mails, and support tickets to assist in system diagnostics, resolving technical problems, system outages, and maintenance
- Proactively monitoring all production networks, servers, applications, and services
- Responding to alerts/alarms and escalations according to standard operating procedures
- Tracking all issues utilizing a ticketing system
- Helping to define and document Operations Methods & Procedures (M&Ps) for the Network Operations Center department
- Producing and documenting processes and policies
- Implementing and strictly following change management procedures and systems to ensure the reliability of the network and applications to meet service level agreements
- Working with Solution Engineering support and third-party vendors during routine deployment and outages
- Ensuring escalations are handled in a professional, consistent, and relentless manner
- Managing incidents from beginning through final resolution, including customer notification
- Ability to work non-standard hours and shifts
- Previous experience in a large-scale, heterogeneous data center environment (preferably Windows 2003/2008 or newer)
- Prior experience with TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, Domains, DNS, DHCP, and Subnets
- Knowledge of and ability to work across all platforms of Windows and Linux Server, networking, data base administration, virtualization, and storage
- Excellent verbal and written communication, stellar customer service skills
Our Operations Center is a 24/7/365 environment.
Must be able to work shift work, either 6:00 AM–6:00 PM or 6:00 PM–6:00 AM. We schedule 3 days on/4 days off and then 4 days on/3 days off, details will be provided during the interview. We do offer a 14% pay differential for any nights and weekends worked.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.