THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is currently seeking a strategic leader to join our organization as a Director of MSP Cloud/SRE Operations
in Boise, ID
Who you are:
You are an experienced Cloud technologist with both technical know-how and the leadership qualities required to head an innovative team. You possess excellent communication skills that allow you to translate technical information for a non-technical audience. You are knowledgeable in leading cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. Your previous management experience has provided you with the ability to oversee the hiring, training, mentoring, and performance of customer-focused team members. You are seeking the opportunity to bring these skills to a critical role that will drive an innovative operations approach for our managed service customers.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Adhering to and maintaining standard operating procedures, KPI analysis, contractual SLAs, and new hire onboarding and training for the Private/Public/Multi-Cloud team
- Leading, coaching, and developing a distributed team of Site Reliability Engineers for our cloud MSP
- Evangelizing and leading efforts in the implementation and adoption of SRE best practices and methodologies
- Ensuring operational excellence through high degree of rigor and attention to detail on service execution, including planning and revenue forecasting
- Defining process, metrics, and SLAs for private, public, and multi-cloud client environments
- Overseeing the effective solutioning and continuous improvement of performance issues related to scalability, response time, or resource usage
- Determining training and development requirements for team to meet the changing needs of the client environments
- Working closely with the PMO organization to ensure efficient client transitions solutions and onboarding
- Acting as the focal point for delivery questions or concerns from internal stakeholders or customers, possibly including client business reviews and escalations
- 5 or more years of people management and team leadership experience including budget management, resource planning, and development of strong, motivated teams
- At least 5 years of experience in site reliability and technical operations leadership with experience building out large, disparate infrastructure supporting business-critical cloud service
- Experience developing repeatable processes and metrics that maximize uptime, reliability, and predictability
- Experience with complex deployments and distributed systems, cloud computing platforms, and public and hybrid cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware and vSphere)
- Working knowledge of advanced open source web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Nginx, Tomcat, MongoDB, ElasticSearch (ELK), ZooKeeper)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations and the ability to clearly present technology solutions and services to a non-technical audience
Let’s talk about us:
- BA or BS in Computer Science, MIS or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Experience managing budgets/P&Ls
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com
or Contact Us
and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.