THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY / NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is currently seeking a Desktop Support Specialist
for a cutting-edge tech company in Redwood City, CA
Who you are:
You are a solid Desktop Support specialist who is passionate about customer service and technology. You enjoy working in a team and can easily move between teams to help resolve any issue. You take pride in being a results-driven individual who thrives on the success of a job well done. You are comfortable supporting and communicating with all end-users, including those at the executive level. Your excellent communication abilities and positive attitude make you a valuable contributor in any environment.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Providing deskside support to the client’s end users including problem determination, resolution, and escalation
- Managing high-severity and priority incidents from identification to resolution
- Working with other IT support groups to identify problems and restore services
- Working with executive level staff and end users as their primary deskside support, via online helpdesk system, telephone and remote support tools to diagnose technical issues related to PC operating systems, applications, network, servers, and peripherals
- Performing resolution and tracking of incidents with network, servers, PC operating systems, applications, and peripherals in accordance with IT Service Desk procedures
- Performing security administration functions for user access, data access, and remote access
- Issuing timely, accurate, and professional company-wide notification regarding incidents impacting the user community
- Completing other duties or tasks as assigned
- Documenting all incidents, outages, status, and resolutions in problem management tool in accordance with IT Service Desk procedures
- Utilizing IT resources to remain current with technology used in the company IT environment
Let’s talk about us:
- At least 4 years of deskside support experience, working with executive-level individuals
- Previous experience supporting Windows 7, 10, and Mac, experience with MDM - Airwatch
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, technical, and analytical skills
- Must be task oriented as well as self-driven
- Must be flexible to work on some nights and weekends, as needed
- Experience with Service Desk Suite a plus
- Must be able to work on several projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic skills of user management in an Active Directory environment
- Familiarity with user permissions and access rights, file and printing services
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, click HERE or go to our website at http://www.taos.com/it-talent/opportunities/and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
E-Verify Participant: This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/it-talent/opportunities/
and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.